Maryland Re-Entry Initiative - Workforce Development & Adult Learning
Providing Job Resources to Returning Citizens
What is the Maryland Re-entry Initiative?
The State-wide Maryland Re-entry Initiative is designed to assist individuals with criminal backgrounds by…
- Increasing their employability
- Providing equal opportunity and access to employment resources
How does the Maryland Re-entry Initiative work?
The Maryland Re-entry Initiative provides…
- Employment assistance and referral services to job seekers
- Technical assistance and professional development to a wide range of government and community-based organizations
- Information and incentives to businesses
How does the Federal Bonding Program help jobseekers and businesses?
The Federal Bonding Program provides Fidelity Bonds to employers who hire individuals with criminal records and other high-risk applicants. Federal bonds may serve as “peace of mind” for those who hire returning citizens who are otherwise qualified despite “risk factors” preventing them from being hired. Information regarding the Federal Bonding Program is available at any of the State’s American Job Centers.
What other resources are provided by the Maryland Re-entry Initiative?
Coordinated staff training available through the Initiative for government and community-based organizations includes…
- OWDS National Certifications
- Offender Employment Retention Specialists
- Re-entry Employment Specialists
For more information about resources in your area, contact the American Job Center nearest you.
Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation
Division of Workforce Development and Adult Learning
1100 North Eutaw Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Telephone number: 410-767-2173