Request for Proposals for Consolidated Adult Education and Family Literacy Services - Adult Education and Literacy Services
Note: Final Posting of Questions and Answers on February 24, 2017.
This Request for Proposals (RFP) seeks providers of Adult Education and Family Literacy Services who will enter into a voluntary partnership with the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation, Office of Adult Instructional Services, in order to carry out the purpose of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Title II (Sec. 202):
- Assist adults to become literate and obtain the knowledge, and skills, and credentials necessary to attain employment and economic self-sufficiency;
- Assist adults who are parents or family members to obtain the educational skills necessary to become full partners in the educational development of their children and lead to sustainable improvements in the economic opportunities for their families;
- Assist adults in attaining a secondary school diploma and in the transition to post-secondary education and training, including through career pathways; and
- Assist immigrants and other individuals who are English language learners to improve reading, writing, speaking, comprehension, and mathematics skills and acquire understanding of the American system of government, individual freedom, and the responsibilities of citizenship.
Maryland’s Goals and Priorities
This Fiscal Year (FY) 2018 RFP follows the goals established in Maryland’s WIOA State Plan to prioritize services for the most in need and build a path toward sustainability for the workforce system and the economic future of those that it serves. Alignment and collaboration between Maryland’s Adult Education and Family Literacy Program and agencies that promote the common vision of success for adult learners is essential to realizing this goal.
- FY 18 RFP Overview (Word)
- FY 18 RFP Resources (Word)
- FY 18 RFP Section 1 and 2 Narrative and Documentation (Word)
- FY 18 RFP Budget Instructions (Word)
- FY 18 RFP Section 3 Budget Workbook (Excel)
- FY 18 RFP Section 4 Assurances (Word)
Technical Assistance Resources
- Maryland DLLR Consolidated AEFL Services RFP Technical Briefing – January 31, 2017
Video of 2017-2018 RFP Consolidated Adult Education & Family Literacy Services Webinar – January 31, 2017